Prairie Lakes Apartments, located in Peoria, Illinois, offers unique apartment homes that feature a front-to-back design which allows for natural ventilation throughout the home. Each of our one and two bedroom apartments feature a full-size washer and dryer, landlord paid heat and water, a lakefront patio or balcony, and kitchens fully equipped with GE appliances.
Enjoy our contemporary resident clubhouse that offers an onsite fitness center and an outdoor swimming pool with an expansive sundeck overlooking a beautiful lake. Take a leisurely stroll through the community or get to know your neighbors during our annual resident social events. Prairie Lakes is fur-friendly welcoming cats and large dogs less than 75lbs (restrictions apply). Playtime with your pup can be enjoyed in our Prairie Paws Dog Park!
Prairie Lakes is located near Route 6 and Knoxville Road (I-40). Our prime location is minutes from The Shoppes at Grand Prairie, downtown Peoria, Forest Nature Park Center, Peoria Public Library (north branch), and Caterpillar (CAT) facilities. We are proudly affiliated with the Dunlap School District. Look, Love, and Live Better at Prairie Lakes.
Be sure to vist our sister community, Timberlane Apartments!
- Cats/dogs up to 75lbs welcome; restrictions apply
- Landlord paid heat and water
- Full-size washer and dryer in each apartment home
- Clubhouse with fitness center and swimming pool
STATEMENT OF RENTAL POLICY
1. This community is an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with federal fair housing laws. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status or handicap. We also comply with state and local fair housing laws. We provide reasonable accommodations and permit reasonable modifications for individuals with disabilities.
2. Viewing an apartment. A vacant apartment may be shown to a prospective resident after it has been cleaned and prepared. Prospective residents are not required to complete a Visitor Information Card in order to be shown an apartment. Prospective residents may be shown a model, particularly if the desired style of apartment is unavailable.
3. Apartment availability. Apartments are available to lease when they become vacant. An apartment may also become available when an application is denied or when an applicant cancels his/her move-in. An apartment may be held for a prospective resident for two weeks upon the completion of a lease application and, if applicable, payment of a Processing Fee. If a move-in date is greater than two weeks from the date of application, the prospective resident’s name shall be placed on a wait list.
4. Occupancy guidelines. Due to limited parking and building system capacity, the following occupancy guidelines have been established. An all adult household consists of only persons 18 or older. Families with Children is a household that 1) includes one or more children under the age of 18; or 2) is in the process of adopting or gaining custody of a child under the age of 18; or 3) includes a pregnant woman. If an existing resident household expands due to the birth or adoption of a child, that child will not be included in the per-person occupancy count for one year after the child is added to the household.
All Adult Households
One bedroom – 2 people
Two bedroom – 4 people
Families with Children
One bedroom – 3 people
Two bedroom – 5 people
Pets are not allowed at a community without prior written consent of the owner. Our residents are welcome to have up to two (2) pets per apartment. Combinations of dogs and cats are permitted. The weight of any individual dog or cat will not exceed seventy-five (75) pounds. The combined weight of any two (2) animals will not exceed one hundred (100) pounds.
Pet(s) must be spayed or neutered and is not allowed to have offspring while residing in the Apartment. Pet(s) must be housebroken. For purposes of identification, Resident will supply Owner with a current photograph of pet(s). Visiting or the temporary housing of other pets is prohibited.
The following breeds of dogs are not permitted: Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, German Shepherds, Siberian Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Akitas, American Staffordshire Terriers, Great Danes, Perro do Presa Canarios, Wolf Hybrids, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro, Japanese Tosa or any dog that has any previously listed breed's lineage. Only commonly accepted breeds of domestic cats are permitted under the Addendum. Caged domestic birds, fish and verified service animals for residents with disabilities are permitted without need of the Addendum. All other species of animals kept as a pet(s) by Resident(s) must be specifically approved in writing by Owner.
Pets are not allowed at a community without prior written consent of the owner.
6. An applicant’s income and/or assets must be verified prior to move-in. Income must be consistent and verifiable. Acceptable documentation includes, but is not limited to payroll/social security receipts and bank statements dated within 30 days, brokerage statements dated within 90 days, tax records dated within 1 year, and court records.
7. Rental criteria.
• This property uses automated credit scoring to approve or decline applications. Credit scoring treats all applicants objectively because it is based on real data and statistics.
• An application may be denied for poor or insufficient credit, insufficient income or assets, negative rental history, or criminal history.
• Each applicant is required to complete a lease application and, if applicable, pay a nonrefundable Processing Fee.
• An applicant cannot pose a threat to the safety of others.
• Any outstanding balance with the local electric utility must be paid prior to move-in.
• Modifications to our business practices required by third-party payers may not be acceptable.
Questions regarding this rental policy or specific applicant screening decisions can be addressed by contacting either the Property Manager at the community or the Regional Manager at the address below:
Edward Rose & Sons
38525 Woodward Avenue
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
This information is subject to change at Owner's discretion. Revised 10/3/2016.